Tuesday, September 16, 2008

In the Works: September 16, 2008

In this edition of In the Works, I don't have much detail to talk about, but I do have a few things in different stages of completion.

First off is Infiltrate, which is in the Testing and Bug Fixing stage. First off, spawns have been entirely resolved. Second, the Standoff map, Doomsday, has been revamped. Weapons have been moved, added and removed. Two mini "Sniper Towers" have been introduced in the back base, basically two floors each using simple fence boxes.
Spawns have also been fixed for High Ground. Humans spawn back near the pipe room.
What to expect soon: a formal releasing of all the files, along with a weapon list to search for all the secrets. Do not download any Infiltrate-related links on my fileshare as of today, as it is outdated.

Next off is a very new project, known as Air Attack. It is in the brainstorming to early development stage. Basically, it is six rounds of One Sided VIP. Teams spawn in two separate armories, with decent weapons (Better for the attacker team). After 30 seconds, teleporters from the armories to the arena unlock (Like in Team Gladiators).

The arena is big, and block-shaped. The bottom floor is enclosed, and has rooves, with several wall-sized holes. Neither team has radar. The attacking team drops in on the defending team and ambushes them from above. Everyone has one life, and if you kill the VIP, who has 2 Overshields, you win the round. Unfortunately, untrustworthy people may decide to wait in the armory, just boot them, there is nothing that can be done about that.
What to expect soon: really, nothing. If I do go through with this project, which is undecided, it will be a long while of forging. I'll keep you posted.

Finally, is Polygon. It's funny how other projects just passed this one by. This map is so complex, that I'll have to have many different spawn systems. I'll keep working, but right now it's bottom priority, as I'm not crazy on how the forging came out. Again, I'll keep you posted. I'm not crazy at how this game is coming out.
What to expect soon: unsure. If I go through with Polygon, expect pictures soon, and possibly a final product. I may even cut down the map to one area, for one gametype. This map's true status is very unknown.

No comments: