Friday, September 26, 2008

In the Works: September 26, 2008

In this edition of In the Works, many new projects have arisen, and some have dropped.

First off is the ever-changing story of Infiltrate. With the H3Customs match on the horizon, the amount of maps have been cleaned up. The only three maps as of now for Infiltrate are Doomsday (Standoff), Massacre (High Ground), and Death Rate (Ghost Town). All of them, along with the gametype, are available on my fileshare.

I also am requesting help. Due to the fact that the custom powerup can only last 60 seconds max, after that, the Sniper goes back to being really slow. I was wondering if anyone had an alternative idea, but keep in mind, we don't want Alpha Zombies getting out of their Ghosts at normal speed if they aren't the sniper. I'm really hoping I don't have to cut out the sniper role and just have the two Ghosts as alpha zombies, but it might be a possibility.

As for other maps, my priorities are as follows:

  • SF Remains

  • Air Attack

  • Polygon


We all know about Polygon and Air Attack, but what is the new map that has jumped to the top of the list? Those who have played customs with me for a while now know the SF is SnipeFlag. I am designing a Foundry SnipeFlag map. It is coming along smoothly, featuring many levels of elevation, possible teleporters for quick transport (Not many) and smooth geomerging. I will have pictures very shortly.

So, what to expect in the near future: an awesome testing of infiltrate, a new SnpeFlag map (And gametype (V3) to go with it), and also expect me to start taking more screenshots. There is a lot for me to do, but with school started, my pace has slowed. I hope to get all these projects done, and done well.